The call went out yesterday for the following roles to join Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett in the mysterious new possibly sci-fi film which may be called The Last Man:
1) Male, 35 to 55, Mediterranean noble aristocrat. Condescending and snide to his equals, he is also dashing and extremely ambitious. His brightly glistening threads accentuate his deafening charisma, but do little to drown out his pungent arrogance. A nice suporrting role, he needs to have tons of presence and a remarkable face
2) Male, 30s to 40s. Exotic, fierce and dynamic-looking with a scar stretching from his chin to his balls. A half-breed (1/2 Arabic and 1/2 Mediterranean) and a half-crazy warrior. War and its machinations are a way of life for him; the only way! Hulking and single-minded, he has a strict code of ethics that transcends all allegiances. Must be willing to grow facial hair. Looking for interesting and bizarre faces!
3) Male, 30s to 40s, Mediterranean/Southern European. Thinrfaced, nervous and skinny-lipped, he is a tough and honored warrior, proven in battle. Paranoid and shifty as hell, hers completely two-faced when it he needs to be. His extreme loyalty to his cause is fueled by his ignorance and xenophobia. Again, looking for wonderfully crazy faces!
4) Male, 25 to 40, Mediterranean/Southern European. A proven warrior who is third in command. He is a dedicated leader who defers only to his superiors
5) Male or Female, Late 20rs, any race. An urban doctor in the making. Wiry and intelligent. Possesses all the signs of complete commitment and dedication to work: bad skin and baggy eyes. As bright and optimistic as he/she is serious. Looking for real and interesting faces. Accents encouraged!
6) Male or Female, Mid 40’s to early 50’s. A slightly graying medical researcher. Urban, intelligent and warm, a real professional who does his/her job efficiently and by the book. Experienced and committed. Again, looking for real people with great faces
7) Male or Female, 30s to 40s. A research chemist. Bright, serious and determined to make a difference in the field
8) Male or Female, 25-40. A medical technician. He/she is efficient and detail-oriented. Works in the lab, Performs MRIs and other technical procedures. Intelligent and wiry, the method of science is the way of life
9) Male or Female, 40rs. Brain surgeon. Top in the field in a state-of-the-art facility. Mature and extremely compassionate
10) Male, 65 or older, Mediterranean/Southern European. He is ancient and weathered and though a spiritual leader, he is a bit politically incapacitated
11) Male, 35 to 45. A hard-working doctor who sees lifers tragedies on a daily basis. Over-worked in a career that is already draining, hers often tired but always alert
The crew is also looking for actors to play authentic male Mayans, ages 20 to 40.
Look for the film in theatres in late 2003.